- Google is more interested in user behaviour than ever. Decent user experience data can be a crucial ranking factor of the future.
- Make sure the all your basic SEO elements are in place:
- Minimized loading time on all pages
- Easy-to-use navigation
- User-friendly URLs and logical page arrangements
- Flexible page resolutions - from 800x600 to 1280x1024 and beyond
- Easy to read pages with the most prominent content above the fold
- Footer - Navigation links - Quick contact data.
- Have a consistency to the entire website
- There's more quality content on the Internet than ever, now people are so accustomed to quick social networking browsing, they DO NOT read, but scan-scan-scan and faster and faster!
- In short – create nicely formatted pieces of content that help you achieve your content goals – signups, purchases, etc.
- On-page factors is a must for your site to be found in search. And as more and more on-page factors tend to influence the way search engines evaluate your site - you have to keep a close eye on each and every one of them.
- Basically, you need to combine the bunch of well-known on-page techniques with a number of innovations storming into SEO now:
- Search-Engine Friendly URLs
- Optimized Titles, Descriptions & Images.
- Unique Content
- A Sitemap
- Socially Shareable Content.
A few things to keep in mind for on/off-page SEO:
Quality: All pages must have substantial quality content.
Research: Have you researched what are the most valuable keywords for your page?
Engage: Does your content engage with users or do they bounce away quickly?
Fresh Content: Always have fresh content & introduce hot topics to keep users interested.
HTML Titles: Do your HTML Titles contain keywords and relevant topics?
Description: Does the meta description describe what the page is about accurately?
Headers: Remember to have the relevant keywords in Headers, Subheaders & Header Tags.
Structure: Have a structured layout to enhance listings.
Stuffing: Stop excessively using keywords.
Crawling: Make sure Search Engines can easy crawl your website.
Duplicate: Avoid duplicating content.
Links: Only link to trusted, quality websites.